The Russian-Cyprus Academic Olympiad
The University of Nicosia and the Russian Cultural Center, would like to invite applications for participation in a round of academic competitions in the subjects of Architecture, Management and MIS, and Communications. The competitions are open to all Russian-speaking students at high schools in the Republic of Cyprus. The judging committee will consist of two academics from the corresponding academic departments at the University of Nicosia, as well as a representative of the Russian Cultural Center.
There will be three winners in each subject competition (Gold, Silver and Bronze) who will receive academic scholarships when enrolling at the University of Nicosia for undergraduate programs, in the amount of 75%, 50% and 25%, respectively, against their tuition for the first year of study (except for programs at the University of Nicosia Medical School). In addition to the scholarships, winners will also receive cash prizes (€800 for Gold-1st position, €400 for Silver-2nd position, and €200-3rd position for Bronze).
Requirements for Participants
The Olympiad is open to all Russian-speaking students in Cyprus between the ages of of 15-18 years old.
Participants can be individual students from any high-school in Cyprus, provided they are Russian-speaking.
Students can enter only one competition.
Competition entries for students under 18 years old need to be submitted by the students’ parents, confirming consent for their child’s participation in the Olympiad.
The Department of Architecture is organising the “IMAGINE THE CITY OF THE FUTURE” competition.
If art, architecture, or design and crafts are among your favourite interests, and your dream is to study architecture or design, then you can participate in the competition, for a chance to win a scholarship to study at the University of Nicosia.
The competition invites you to draw the future city as you imagine it.
- What kind of city will we be living in, in 2050?
- How will we move around?
- What will our buildings be like?
- Will we only live on earth?
Prepare one detailed image showing your creative interpretation of the future city. The image can be a sketch, perspective, collage, painting, mixed media, or a photo of a physical model you have built.
Send your image in either PDF or JPEG format, with your details (name and surname, telephone number, using the competition application form on this page.
The work will be assessed by faculty members of the Department of Architecture, based on the following criteria:
The “APP CHALLENGE OLYMPIAD” is an competition organised by the Department of Management and MIS of the University of Nicosia where students are asked to solve a school or community problem by developing an innovative and creative mobile app.
In the 21st century, apps have become one of the most important elements of any new smartphone. Everyone knows the most popular smartphone apps which always find their way onto our smartphone screens. However, there is always room for new and innovative apps that are useful and interesting.
Share your idea of the most innovative and creative app that you can come up with, that will provide a solution to a school or community problem.
Follow the guidelines below to make your app more useful, interesting and attractive:
- Choose an idea that is useful for your own life and for others around you.
- OPTIONAL: The second phase is the development. Choose and recommend your tools.
- Design your prototype – draw a graphical representation of your App.
Send your app prototype in either PDF or JPEG format, with your details (name and surname, telephone number, using the competition application form on this page. If you use a prototyping tool as described in the bonus tip below, you can also share the link to the live version of your prototype, or alternatively, snapshots of your app prototype as images.
Create a fully –interactive high fidelity prototype that will look and work exactly like your app should, using an online prototyping tool like ptoto.io at https://proto.io/
The Department o Communications of the University of Nicosia is organizing a Mobile Video Storytelling Competition titled “THE LUCKY DAY”
Be as creative as you can be! Shoot your own story using your mobile phone or tablet, edit it and enter the competition to win a scholarship for studying at the University of Nicosia!
- The story should have as a title ‘ The Lucky Day” and it should have a duration of 2-3 minutes.
- You can interpret the above title as you like and feel free to be creative and have fun!
- The story should have no dialogue but music and or sound effects may be added
- Moreover, written permission (release) signed by the parents of any underaged ‘actors’ participating in the movie should also be provided, or permission from the ‘actors’ themselves if they are not underaged.
- The videos should include only royalty-free music.
The work will be assessed by faculty members of the department, based on the following criteria:
How to Submit Your Video
- Submit your details (name and surname, telephone number, using the competition application form on this page.
- Send us your video in mpeg 4 format (.mp4), 2-3 minutes long, by using WeTransfer.com to mailto:[email protected]
- Include ‘actors’ releases along with the video as scanned documents