University of Nicosia: Globally Ranked
The University of Nicosia has been named among the top 501-600 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (WUR).
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings is possibly the best-known and most influential university classification system in the world, drawing on five decades of expertise in the sector and millions of individual data points. The WUR 2023 edition includes over 1,799 ranked research-intensive universities, out of 25,000 universities globally, that met the THE eligibility criteria and applied for assessment. One of the core areas in which the University excelled in this year’s expanded 2023 WUR edition is International Outlook, where UNIC ranked 47th worldwide. Along with its inclusion in the Top 600 universities in the world, UNIC was ranked/awarded:
- Among the Top 151–175 in the world in the Subject area of Business and Economics by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 176–200 in the world in the Subject area of Education by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 251-300 in the world in the Subject area of Psychology by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 501–600 in the world in the Subject area of Clinical and Health by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 501–600 in the world in the Subject area of Social Sciences by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
Awarded 5 QS Stars for Overall Excellence
The QS Intelligence Unit recognised the University’s exemplary overall standing, making it the first university in Cyprus and Greece to achieve a 5-Star Institutional Rating. The University has joined an exclusive group of universities to achieve a 5-Star (QS Stars) institutional rating, along with 50 other universities globally. In addition to its exemplary overall standing, UNIC received the highest possible (5-Star) rating in the following key categories: Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Internationalisation, Inclusiveness, and Facilities.
The University of Nicosia is accepting applications for new candidates and transfer students for the Academic Year 2023-2024, which begins on 25 September 2023.