Blue Shield, University of Nicosia, and University of Athens Webinars on Cultural Heritage
The Hellenic Committee of the Blue Shield in collaboration with the University of Nicosia and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens organize a series of Webinars in order to raise awareness for the protection of cultural heritage (both tangible and intangible) in emergency situations, such in cases of armed conflict and environmental disasters, in line with the objectives of the Blue Shield.
The events will be interdisciplinary in character and thematically focused on five issue areas that are considered critically important for the management of the evolving challenges of cultural heritage protection, namely:
- cultural heritage and international security,
- intangible cultural heritage safeguarding in times of crises,
- cultural heritage and climate change,
- return of antiquities illegally removed from their countries of origin,
- legal and managerial issues pertaining to the collections of Museums and Cultural Institutions.
The organizing institutions’ initiative seeks to bring together academics, students, practitioners, professionals of cultural institutions, representatives from NGOs, policy makers and representatives of the civil society from Greece, Cyprus and other countries, in order to discuss the current challenges in areas that underpin cultural heritage protection in emergency situations. The events will take place virtually due to the COVID-19 restrictions. At the end of each event an open discussion will follow. The events will be held in English and will take place on the following Tuesdays (23/2, 2/3, 9/3, 16/3 and 23/3) from 18:00 – 19:30 (Greece/Cyprus time zone).
- Elena Korka, Chairperson of the Board, Hellenic Committee of the Blue Shield
- Irini Stamatoudi, Professor, School of Law, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Antonia Zervaki, Assistant Professor of International Relations, Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Academic Collaborator UNESCO Chair “Climate Diplomacy”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Please connect to Cisco Webex platform via:
Occurs every Tuesday effective 23/2/2021 until 23/3/2021 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, (UTC+02:00) Athens, Bucharest
Meeting number: 121 779 4392
Join by video system
Dial [email protected]
You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+30-21-1990-2394 Greece Toll
+30-21-1198-1029 Greece Toll 2
Access code: 121 779 4392
Please register at [email protected].