Business Administration: Real Estate (BBA, 4 Years)
|Qualification Awarded||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Level of Qualification||Bachelor Degree (1st Cycle)|
|Language of Instruction||English (First and second-year courses offered also in Greek)|
|Mode of Study||Full-time and Part-time are both possible|
|Minimum ECTS Credits||240|
No enrolments for current semester
Profile of the Programme
- Gain expertise in Business Administration and in one of the following concentrations: Energy Oil and Gas Management; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Finance and Economics; Human Resource Management; Information Systems and Social Media; Management; Marketing Communications; Public Administration; and Real Estate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business processes and an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of doing business in a global environment.
- Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyse problems and utilize modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decision-making in organisations.
- Develop leadership and organisational skills towards communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication and develop teamwork skills.
Specific Concentration Objectives:
- Gain a systematic understanding of real estate-related problems, methods and tools for analysing and evaluating the real estate and property industry.
- Develop an understanding of the planning policy and implementation process, and acquaintance with the legal and taxation aspects of the real estate industry.
- Apply tools to determine market trends and values in the real estate industry.
Real Estate Investment firm, Real Estate Equity firm, Estate Manager, Property Valuation Manager and Consultant, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Agent, Development and Construction Industry, Appraiser, Investment and Banking Sector.
Access to Further Studies
Upon graduation, students may have direct access to further postgraduate (MBA, MSc, MA, MRes, MPhil and PhD) studies.
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment.
Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid terms, projects, and class participation. Letter grades below are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required.
Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
By the end of the programme the graduates will be able to:
- Manage issues related to an organisational environment and apply conceptual principles, methods and tools to solve business related problems.
- Identify the increasing complex nature of global business and economy and its impact on the management and growth of an organisation.
- Streamline business processes and procedures to meet challenges and excel under intense competition.
- Adopt an ethical approach in the management of corporate practices to address and resolve heightened pressure from government bodies and international fora.
- Critically assess collected data, analyse and interpret findings to make informed decisions.
- Identify and use suitable research and business simulation tools.
- Utilise skills that are required in negotiation and conflict resolution for re-enforcing value added collaborations
- Describe and analyse the real estate industry, understand the legal side of the industry, differentiate b