US and Canadian study abroad students (Global Semesters) should refer to the Global Semesters website
Before your trip to Cyprus it is essential that you start planning ahead and make the right preparations regarding your travel and your student life in Cyprus.
Make sure that you have submitted to the University and made the following payments by the appropriate due date:
- Tuition Fees as shown on Acceptance Letter
- International Student Deposit (Refundable) – €400
- Annual Insurance Fee – €175
- University Fees (Activity, Internet, Lab, Registration Fees, etc) – €174
- Visa Fee – €86
- Application Fee – €55
- Attested passport copy (valid for two years)
- Attested High School Diploma and Mark Sheet
- Attested Bank Letter
- Attested Police Clearance Certificate
- Attested Blood Test result (HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B&C)
- Attested X-Ray report (TB)
Note: Students from countries that a visa interview is NOT required please submit original documents to the Office of Admissions. For students that a visa interview IS required submit photocopies of the aforementioned documents to the Office of Admissions as you will need to present the original documents the day of your visa interview.
Documents to Have With You While Travelling
It is very important that you have with you (and not in your luggage), at all times, the following documents as you are going to be required to present them at the Immigration Check Point at your first port of call:
- Your passport (Valid for two years)
- University Receipts of the amount paid to the University
- €2,000 in Cash
- All documents that were certified by the visa officer at the visa interview (if applicable). For students from countries that a visa interview is NOT required, make sure to travel to Cyprus holding a copy of your entry visa that was sent to you by the Office of Admissions
- Certificate of Admission from the University
- Open ticket valid for return to home country
Useful Tips While Travelling
- Wear comfortable clothing and comfortable shoes (sneakers). It is important to feel relaxed and as comfortable as possible while you are traveling.
- Make sure to have with you a pen and a pencil in case that you will need to write something
- Pain killers (traveling might some times cause a light head ache) and if any prescribed medicine
- Write down and have with you your housing address in Cyprus (if you know it) and the University address
- Write down numbers of people to call in case of an Emergency (i.e. family, police number in Cyprus, University advisor, etc.)
- Book or magazine to read on the plane
- Mp3 player
- Your address book with contact details of friends and family
- Keep a Journal
You can get to the University from the Larnaca International Airport by taking a taxi, the Kapnos Airport Shuttle, the Inter-City bus or by Travel Express.
Taxi: We can reserve a taxi for you that will be expecting you at the airport on the day of your arrival. The price is approximately €45-€50 to take your from Larnaca International Airport directly to the University of Nicosia or to your hotel.
Kapnos Airport Shuttle: The Kapnos shuttle will pick you up from the Larnaca International Airport and drive you to the Filoxenia hotel in Nicosia. The price for the trip is €7. You will need to get a taxi to drive you from the Filoxenia Hotel to the University or to your hotel.
If you need us to assist you and arrange Airport Pick-Up (at your own expense) on the day of your arrival, please complete the Airport Pickup Form below and return it by email, along with your flight itinerary, to your student advisor or at [email protected], at least 48 hours prior to your arrival to Cyprus. In case of a change to the date and/or time of your flight please be responsible and notify the Office of Admissions.