Business Administration: Marketing (MBA, 1.5 Years or 3 Semesters)
|Qualification Awarded||Master of Business Administration|
|Level of Qualification||Master Degree (2nd Cycle)|
|Language of Instruction||English and Greek|
|Mode of Study||Full-time or Part-time|
|Minimum ECTS Credits||90|
Profile of the Programme
The University of Nicosia MBA programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation of business education enabling them to become effective managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive fast changing environment. This programme aims to be highly integrated in context and practical by remaining close to actual business practice. It aspires to assist students to develop their management and leadership skills, operate effectively in a multicultural environment and to adapt quickly to changing social, political, legal and economic conditions.
More specifically the programme’s main objectives include:
- Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organisations functioning in a competitive world
- Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge
- Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
- Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
- Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications.
- Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialized knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
- Offering insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
- Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions
- Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
- Providing students with graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
- Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Providing students the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organisations functioning in a competitive world, giving emphasis on European and International business perspectives
We expect our students to come from Management or Senior Management positions at different areas of private interest and organisations within government and industry, both locally and abroad. Companies like Royal Dutch Airlines, Revlon, Tradex, Cyprus Telecommunication Authority, Cyprus Electricity Authority, Air Trans, Cybarco, Demstar, Addidas and many more. Positions held by some of our graduates include, Marketing Director, Commercial Finance Manager, Public Relations Director and Financial Controller etc.
During the past few years our graduates have been placed in different market positions. Quite a few have undertaken Bank positions, posts in off shore companies and in Academic institutions. Some of the posts include a consultant in the Ministry of Libya, Senior IT in a company in the United States of America, Director Manager of a major Granite company, Director of Demstar, Finance Director of a University and many more.
Access to Further Studies
Many of our graduates of the MBA programme, have continued with Doctorates Degrees in Cyprus, Greece, UK and the USA. The MBA of the University of Nicosia is a stepping stone for further academic and professional studies.
The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university (i.e. American, European) or another recognised equivalent qualification.
In addition to the above, applicants must also satisfy the following requirements:
- Proficiency in Greek for the Programme offered in the Greek Language
- Standardized Test Scores- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required of all students with a minimum score of 400. Students with a COA of 2.5 or higher on the 4-point system or 2.2 for UK standards or equivalent, or three years of professional experience, will be exempted from the GMAT. A candidate without the GMAT may be provisionally admitted and allowed to take the foundation courses, but will need to submit their GMAT scores as stated above, in order to be accepted as MBA students.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating the applicant’s education, academic and professional experience, any publications, awards, etc.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from individuals who have known the applicant in his/her educational and professional environment are required
- Personal Statement – The applicant is required to submit a comprehensive outline highlighting his or her individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding expectations and the value of the programme to their personal advancement and career development.
English Language Proficiency
Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present a minimum TOEFL score 550 and above, or Computer-based TOEFL score of 213 and above, or Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) score 79-80 and above, or GCSE (or GCE) English Language “O” Level of “C” or above or IELTS of 6.5 and above or Cambridge Exams (First Certificate with Grade B and above, as well as Proficiency with Grade C and above or a score placement at the ENGL-100 level