Students with Special Educational Needs
Policy on Students with Special Needs
A student with special needs is a student having one of the following conditions:
- physical impairment (visual impairment, hearing impairments, physical movement impairment)
- learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia and similar conditions)
- psychological condition (extreme stress, serious anxiety, depression and similar problems of a personal or family nature)
The University of Nicosia acknowledges that it has a proactive duty to serve the educational needs of all its students. As such, it is committed to providing equal opportunities for people with disabilities in accordance with the policy of the University by doing its utmost to secure the necessary means, facilities and personnel.
Such measures may include:
- physical access to buildings and facilities
- psychological/personal counselling services
- alternative assessment methods (e.g. more time allowed, oral examinations, etc.)
- Other measures as and when they are professionally prescribed.
More information is available in the Student with Special Educational Needs Manual
The information in this manual relates to the 2019-2020 academic year. Every effort has been made to ensure that this information was correct at the time of publication. However, changes may occur from time to time. Descriptions of services and facilities in this publication do not constitute a contract or an offer of a contract. Changes to or withdrawal of services or facilities listed, whether provided by the University of Nicosia or other parties, may occur without notice. All rights reserved.