The development of a genuine culture of continuous quality improvement was always considered of paramount importance at the University of Nicosia.
External quality assurance is provided through various bodies and standards/regulations/laws to which the University adheres to/is regulated by, such as The Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Higher Education and the Establishment and Operation of an Agency on Related Matters Law of 2015, the European Guidelines and Standards for Quality Assurance, the European Approach for Quality Assurance of Joint Programs, the Private Universities (Establishment, Operation and Control) Law 109(1) of 2005 and the KYSATS – Cyprus National Academic Recognition Information Centre – NARIC Law.
The University is also subject to Internal Quality Assurance carried out by the University Internal Quality Assurance Committee (UIQAC), the composition, processes and responsibilities of which, were recently updated to reflect the newest version of the European Standards and Guidelines of 2015 (ESG 2015).
The University of Nicosia Internal Quality Assurance Committee (UIQAC) comprises of the following members:
- The Vice Rector for Academic Affairs: Chair (1).
- One TRF representative from each School holding the rank of at least Assistant Professor (6).
- One faculty member holding the rank of at least Assistant Professor, who is actively involved in the delivery of Distance Learning programs/courses (1).
- One staff representative – appointed by the chair (1).
- The Head of Quality Assurance of the Medical School of the University (1).
- Two student representatives (one 1st Cycle student and one 2nd Cycle student) (2).
Each Department at the University of Nicosia has also a QA committee composed of:
- Head or Associate Head of the Department
- One faculty member, preferably with experience in quality assurance processes
- One student representative
The University of Nicosia has the ECTS and Diploma Supplement labels, and has aligned all the educational programs following the Bologna process. UNIC is a member of the EUA and actively participates in the EQAF annual meetings.