Since the launch of Social Work Programme till today a number of research projects were designed and implemented at local, national and European level.
The Social Work Program at the University of Nicosia established in 2009 the first Research Centre for Social Work and Social Policy in Cyprus. The center develops and implements various of research programmes in the field of Social Policy, Social Welfare and of social exclusion of vulnerable groups. In particular, the research aims and objectives are to:
– Promote basic and applied social research in the field of social welfare.
– Develop IT applications to enhance the quality of social services.
– Establish collaboration with research institutes and other universities at a national, European and international level.
– Support students to accomplish their degree projects and thesis, providing them with the possibility to participate in research projects.
– Develop and promote research within the Social Work field through the establishment of the Research Centre for Social Work and Social Policy
Το ακαδημαϊκό προσωπικό του Προγράμματος προωθεί συστηματικά τη διάχυση των ερευνητικών αποτελεσμάτων με μονογραφίες, συλλογικά έργα και δημοσιεύσεις σε έγκριτα ελληνικά και διεθνή περιοδικά.
The Research Centre for Social Work and Social Policy has been established and running. Selection of Projects that have been undertaken so far are:
– Methods of parental upbringing and discipline in students of higher institutions (currently running)
– Public Attitudes of General Public towards mental health (currently running)
– The need for supervision among the Cypriot Professionals Social Workers (currently running)
– Community Needs Assessment of Roma in the Turkish/Cypriot community in Limasol (2010)
– Assessing the quality of services provision for the Community Elderly Home ‘Archangelos Michael’ (2010)
– Assessing the quality of services provision for the NGO “Centre of Social and Spiritual Support” (2010)
– Mapping of social needs in the Tamassos and Oreini Metropolitan area (2010)