The Erasmus+ Programme is one of the most successful educational funding projects in the world! It offers the unique opportunity to UNIC students to study or undertake an internship abroad in another country for a period of at least 2 months and a maximum of 12 months per cycle of studies.
UNIC graduates can also gain their first work experience abroad immediately after their graduation and within a period of 12 months after obtaining their degree. Even though the programme has a European Union character, it also offers the possibility to travel beyond the borders of the European Union.
In addition to student opportunities, the Erasmus+ Programme also provides the opportunity to all full time faculty and staff, to materialize funded mobilities for teaching assignments or training purposes, abroad.
In general a grant is provided to participants who travel abroad! You may contact the UNIC Erasmus Office for further information.
Students and graduates have many different reasons to participate in this unique exchange Programme. Except for a funded experience abroad, students, graduates, staff and faculty can:
- Develop personally, professionally and academically.
- Gain new transferable skills and boost your employability.
- Broaden your horizons – physically and mentally!
- Receive financial support.
- Increase motivation to learn.
- Develop cultural awareness and open-mindedness.
- Enhance self-confidence.
- Gain knowledge in new subjects or in teaching methods.
- Improve and gain language skills.
Statistics show that graduates with Erasmus experience increase their chances for employment dramatically! For more information, you may take a look at the Erasmus Impact Study, carried out by the European Commission here.