Guidelines on how to fill in your Learning Agreement:
- Bachelor Students can only register for Bachelor courses and Master students can only register for Master courses. Note that all courses whose code begins with 5, 6 or higher (example MIREL-500) are master’s courses. Please be careful in your selection and ensure that your academic supervisor at your home institution agrees with the selected courses.
- The minimum number of ECTS you can select is 15 and the maximum is 30 ECTS per semester. No exceptions will be made.
- Make sure that there are no timetable clashes between the selected courses.
- Information and course descriptions can be found here. This link includes the courses that are usually offered at UNIC. That does not mean that the courses showed in this link will all be offered on the prospective semester, as the courses offered each semester are not the same.
- While checking the course descriptions/outline, you are kindly requested to take into consideration the prerequisites and the number of ECTS each course has.
- The selected courses must be relevant to your programme of studies at the home university.
- If a course is offered more than once, students must specify the section (time slot) they prefer in their LA.
Changes to the Learning Agreement:
Due to the existing internal regulation of the University of Nicosia, changes to the Learning Agreement need to be finalized within the first two weeks of classes. Changes will be made ONLY in exceptional cases and where needed for academic purposes (i.e. ineligibility for graduation).
The agreement should be updated immediately when changes occur.
Please keep in mind that after arriving at UNIC you might have to modify the Learning Agreement for specific reasons, such as, cancellations of classes or timetable clashes.
The students can fill in the Learning Agreement only when they receive the final Course List for the prospective semester. The signed form should be sent via email to [email protected].
The Academic Calendar serves as an information source and planning document for the students. The calendar includes registration dates, class start day, exam dates, and holidays.
UNIC September Orientation Programme
A week before the beginning of the Fall Semester, the University of Nicosia holds the UNIC September Orientation Programme for all new students. The Orientation Programme aims at familiarizing students with their new environment, assisting in their integration with new and existing students, improving their English language skills and discovering the island before the beginning of the academic year. Please note that the participation is free of charge and not compulsory.
The University of Nicosia will provide support in finding accommodation based on the existing partnerships with landlords.
Please note that irrespective of whether you will select the proposed accommodation or whether you will find housing on your own, the University of Nicosia is not responsible for the actual reservation, housing conditions, or contracts between the students and landlords.
For any housing matters, you will have to contact the Accommodation Officer, Mr Charalambos Tzyrkas at [email protected] but only when the Erasmus Office notifies you.
For the University of Nicosia Campus map, please click here