Business Administration: Management Information Systems (MBA, 1.5 Years or 3 Semesters)
|Qualification Awarded||Master of Business Administration|
|Level of Qualification||Master Degree (2nd Cycle)|
|Language of Instruction||English and Greek|
|Mode of Study||Full-time and Part-time|
|Minimum ECTS Credits||90|
Profile of the Programme
The University of Nicosia MBA programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation of business education enabling them to become effective managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive fast changing environment. This programme aims to be highly integrated in context and practical by remaining close to actual business practice. It aspires to assist students to develop their management and leadership skills, operate effectively in a multicultural environment and to adapt quickly to changing social, political, legal and economic conditions.
More specifically the programme’s main objectives include:
- Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organisations functioning in a competitive world
- Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge in one of the specialised areas
- Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
- Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
- Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications
- Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialised knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
- Offering insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
- Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions.
- Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
- Providing students with graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
- Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Providing students the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
- Giving emphasis on European and International business perspectives
The Programme orients towards preparing its graduates for either further studies or direct employment in the industry.
The MBA Degree is specifically designed to build upon business people’s existing knowledge and adding to their personal career development. The MBA is the tool for diversifying roles in a career for developing strategic leaders.
The MBA programme of the University of Nicosia aims in ensuring that its students acquire the appropriate management knowledge necessary and an in-depth understanding of all major business areas. Through theory and practice, the University of Nicosia MBA wishes to assist students develop into critical and intellectual individuals and the new business leaders of the future.
Graduates of the MBA programme can be employed at all sectors of the economy and business, whether this be in the manufacturing sector, tourist, financial services and professional services sectors, non profit organisations, education, trade, retail etc.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctorate Degree)
The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university (i.e. American, European) or another recognised equivalent qualification.
In addition to the above, applicants must also satisfy the following requirements:
- Proficiency in Greek for the Programme offered in the Greek Language
- Standardized Test Scores- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required of all students with a minimum score of 400. Students with a COA of 2.5 or higher on the 4-point system or 2.2 for UK standards or equivalent, or three years of professional experience, will be exempted from the GMAT. A candidate without the GMAT may be provisionally admitted and allowed to take the foundation courses, but will need to submit their GMAT scores as stated above, in order to be accepted as MBA students.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating the applicant’s education, academic and professional experience, any publications, awards, etc.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from individuals who have known the applicant in his/her educational and professional environment are required
- Personal Statement – The applicant is required to submit a comprehensive outline highlighting his or her individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding expectations and the value of the programme to their personal advancement and career development.
English Language Proficiency
Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present a minimum TOEFL