The MSc in Metaverse is offered online to students worldwide and the language of instruction is English. The first course in the degree pathway, META-511DL: NFTs and the Metaverse, is available for free as an open enrollment MOOC course to anyone interested in learning more about the field and the practical ability to interact with emerging applications in NFTs and the Metaverse.
The MSc in Metaverse is designed to provide participants a specialized program of study to become competent professionals in the field of Metaverse. Graduates will benefit from a broad spectrum of advanced courses.
Students are exposed to an enriching and stimulating curriculum that includes compulsory courses on the NFTS and the Metaverse, Web 3.0 architecture and digital assets, Extended Reality, monetizing digital creativity, virtual world architectures, social, legal and ethical issues in the Metaverse. In addition, students can select elective courses that focuses on advanced topics such as virtual economies, token economics, data science for the Metaverse, emerging topics in Metaverse, virtual and augmented reality development, game programming, smart contract programming, blockchain systems and architectures, interactive design.
Theoretical principles, state-of-the-art research, and Metaverse related case studies, tools and frameworks are mastered by students who may also select to advance their programming skills and become highly skilled developers or specialize in financial/management aspects and become highly literate consultants, entrepreneurs, or financial professionals. The degree constitutes an independent and terminal study in addition to providing the basis for acceptance to, and continued studies towards, a doctoral degree or to other areas of study.
Upon successful completion of the program graduates are expected to:
- Acquire knowledge and expertise in Metaverse systems.
- Conduct research leading to new knowledge in Metaverse.
- Propose original applications of analysis and research knowledge in the field of Metaverse.
- Unfold leadership skills, through teamwork, relative in Metaverse with the purpose of enriching current practices or introducing new processes that can be used to design, implement, gain value and manage Metaverse applications.
- Develop the capacity to creatively deal with complex problems either individually or as part of a group through research or practical projects.
- Critically evaluate Metaverse systems and solutions, and apply theory, practices and tools for their specification, design, implementation, maintenance, and management.
- Communicate clearly and analytically using techniques derived from scientific practice in group meetings, presentations, lectures, written reports, and research papers.
- Exhibit such skills that are required to participate in research and development work or to independently work in other qualified areas as well as be able to continue studies towards a doctoral degree.
The program is offered through distance learning so as to be accessible to all interested students, irrespective of their geographic location. Within the distance-learning paradigm, the program deploys various teaching methods: while the majority of the courses consist of lectures delivered by the faculty course lecturer(s), in some cases it may be deemed appropriate and beneficial to host guest lecturers with academic and business background related to topics covered in courses.
Moreover, practical exercises, individual and group projects, simulations, and case study analyses, will form an integral part of the teaching methodology employed in the program.
Applications for admission to the programme will be considered only from candidates that fulfil the minimum entrance criteria as described below:
1. Bachelor’s degree
A bachelor’s degree and transcripts from an accredited university.
2. Proficiency in the English Language
Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present at least a TOEFL score of 550 paper-based or 213 computer-based, or GCSE “O” Level with “C” or IELTS with a score of 6.0 or score placement at the ENGL-100 level of the University of Nicosia Placement Test.
3. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
If you are unsure whether you meet the admissions requirements, please complete the registration form to start a discussion with an Admissions advisor.
4. Personal Statement
A one page long personal statement.
If you are unsure whether you meet the admissions requirements, please complete the registration form to start a discussion with an Enrollment advisor.
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Point Average (CPA) are calculated.
The program gives students the opportunity to acquire deeper knowledge and skills in the field of Metaverse Systems. This is a relatively new area of practice and research that is expected to provide ample employment opportunities for program graduates in various and inter-disciplinary positions.
The program is both theoretical and practical and has been designed to allow the students to choose those elective courses that will meet their future career goals. Regardless of the stream chosen by students, each instructor strives to create an inspiring atmosphere for the students and enhances the learning experience.
Graduates of the program may become:
- Metaverse Project Manager
- Metaverse Business Development Manager
- Metaverse token and NFT expert
- Metaverse Data Scientist/Analyst
- Metaverse Entrepreneur
- Metaverse Researcher/Analyst.
- Metaverse Developer/Programmer
- Metaverse Architect
- Metaverse Designer/Artist
Access to Further Studies
The MSc in Metaverse is a research-based program that also equips students with the theoretical knowledge combined with the ability to apply this practically. Upon completion of the program, students can undertake further studies (PhD) in the field.