INSTITUTE FOR THE FUTURE (IFF)
The Institute For the Future (IFF) is an interdisciplinary research Centre at the University of Nicosia, aimed at advancing emerging technologies and contributing to their effective application in industry, government and education as well as evaluating their impact on employment, wealth inequality and our lives and societies in general.
IFF’s vision is to become a leading research institute and a top global player spearheading interdisciplinary research and innovation inside the university, in Cyprus, in the EU and the world.
Researchers at IFF will work on any technology shaping the structure and operations of our future economies and societies. Our initial focus is on the following revolutionary areas:
- Blockchain (Distributed Ledger Technology) and Crypto-economics.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Intelligence Augmentation (IA).
The Institute’s mission is interdisciplinary by nature and it works across Schools and Departments to support academic programs, research, training and conferences. IFF currently hosts more than 40 faculty, researchers and support staff from UNIC and partner institutions from industry and academia. We also:
- Collaborate with IFF Members, our partners from academia and industry around the world.
- Host IFF Visiting Scholars who work with our staff on challenges of common interest.
- Sponsor PhD students and post-doctoral researchers to work on IFF’s areas of expertise in collaboration with our staff, IFF Members and IFF Visiting Scholars.