The University’s Department of Law, playing a leading role in the process of developing legal education in Cyprus, founded and operates the first Law Clinic in Cyprus, which offers to its students clinical legal education.
The ‘UNIC Law Clinic’
- Creates a process which strives to integrate theory and practice within the Department’s curriculum by using clinical methodology for teaching students substantive and procedural law and skills.
- Delivers legal services to members of our society under the supervision and guidance of practicing lawyers.
- Offers to its Members the opportunity to write reports on particular legal issues.
- Offers to its Members the opportunity and the means of developing a working knowledge of legal rules and procedures in a real world setting.
- Offers to its Members the opportunity to engage in a range of ethical and professional practical considerations.
- Offers to its Members the opportunity to develop their knowledge in various legal aspects and the application of law in practice.
Dr. Antonis St. Stylianou,
Director of UNIC Law Clinic