The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is one of the leading comprehensive research-oriented universities in the Mediterranean region, committed to teaching, research and innovation, sustainability, societal engagement and contribution to culture, hosting more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries.
UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. The University’s academic standing and global outlook are reflected in its international ranking achievements. More specifically, the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 have named UNIC among the TOP 601-800 universities in the world, while the QS World University Rankings has consistently recognized UNIC as one of the top 4% of universities in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia (EECA) Region.
Along with its inclusion in the Top 800 universities in the world, UNIC was ranked/awarded:
- Number 36 in the world in the core area of Quality Education by the 2022 THE Impact Rankings.
- Number 47 in the world for International Outlook (THE WUR), 2022)
Purpose of the Invitation
The University of Nicosia School of Veterinary Medicine is launching an expression of interest (EOI) invitation, aimed at individuals who might wish to be considered for a faculty appointment, in the Department of Veterinary Medicine which offers a five-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
At this stage, UNIC wishes to receive an EOI from potential faculty candidates.
We are specifically interested in receiving CVs from:
- Holders of a Veterinary Degree (with or without a PhD) or
- PhD holders with expertise in one or more of the areas listed below:
- Veterinary Histology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Epidemiology and bioinformatics
- Veterinary Reproductive Biology and Genetics
- Comparative Anatomy
- Veterinary Immunology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Clinical Medicine subspecialties
Applications for EOI
Interested candidates should provide their expression of interest by submitting the following documents:
- A cover letter, stating the area(s) of expertise.
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a full list of publications
- A one-page research statement describing previous and current research as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience
- Two reference letters
The ideal candidates should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
Please send your expression of interest to [email protected]. Please indicate that you are applying for EOI and the area(s) of expertise in the subject line of your email.