Scholarship Competition | “Rethink Tourism”
Get the chance to win scholarships for the BBA Hospitality Management or the BBA in Tourism, Leisure and Events Management
World Tourism Day, is celebrated around the world every year on 27 September, a date set by the World Tourism Organization (WTO) in 1970. The main objective of this celebration day, is to highlight the economic, social, cultural, and political contribution of tourism to the bliss and prosperity of the international community. “RETHINK TOURISM” is this year’s World Tourism Day theme and comes at a very critical time for the industry. As such, within the framework of the World Tourism Day and theme, the Department of Management at the University of Nicosia is hosting an essay competition entitled “Rethink Tourism” and invites graduating students to partake in this essay competition, with an opportunity to receive a scholarship award to study “Hospitality Management” or “Tourism, Leisure and Events Management” at the University of Nicosia. Participants are required to submit a 600-800 words essay.
- 1 Academic Scholarship (75%)*
- 2 Academic Scholarships (50%)*
- 3 Academic Scholarships (30%)*
* The scholarship covers tuition fees for the first Academic Year only and excludes books and other fees, such as application fees etc.
The evaluation of the essays will be carried out by a committee consisting of professors and members of the advisory committee of the Department of Management based on the following criteria:
- Critical thinking
- Writing style
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants should hold a high school leaving certificate or equivalent and are interested in starting their studies in the Spring 2023 Semester.
- The scholarships are available to full-time new undergraduate students and cover tuition fees only for the first academic year.
- In case of securing two or more scholarships, for example an essay competition scholarship and a scholarship because of a high school graduation grade, the scholarship with the highest percentage applies.
- Τhe subject matter must reflect the theme “Rethink Tourism” and the overall objectives of World Tourism Day.
- The student’s personal approach however to “Rethink Tourism” essay, is limited only to the imagination of the student.
- Participants are required to submit a 600-800 words essay.
- The essay must be original, i.e., the creation of the participating student.
- Each student has the right to submit only one essay.
- Awarded participants, in order to claim their scholarships, must meet the required admission criteria as determined by the University of Nicosia.
- Applications, essay, and cover letter must be submitted by email to Debbie Ftanou ([email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous ([email protected]) (Email Subject: “Application for Scholarship for the BBA in Tourism, Leisure and Events Management or Hospitality Management”).
- The winners will be informed after the decision of the committee and will be notified via email.
- The names of the winners of the competition will be published in the University of Nicosia website and social media.
Submission Deadline: 15 December 2022
For any further information, please contact our Enrolment Counsellors Ms. Debbie Ftanou (228417128, [email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous (22841528, [email protected]).