Call for Applications for the MSc Computational Design and Digital Fabrication (Distance Learning) │Fall 2023
For Fall 2023 semester, the Department of Architecture at the University of Nicosia in collaboration with the Institute of Experimental Architecture Hochbau at the University of Innsbruck announce the opening for admission to the Msc programme in Computational Design and Digital Fabrication.
The programme explores the relationship between computational tools and architectural design, in an effort to attain a new insight into the relationship between design intent and built form. Prospective participants will have the opportunity to develop computational design skills and acquire hands on cutting-edge fabrication experiences, while cultivating analytical and creative thinking on the applications of computation in design. The programme offers a very promising employment outlook while encouraging participants to become part of the global community of applied computational research and digital fabrication, a growing industry increasingly important for the production of the built environment.
|School:||School of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Selection Criteria:||Evaluation of qualifications, Portfolio, and possible Personal Interview|
|Application Deadline:||31st July 2023. Applicants will be notified whether they will be admitted to the program in early August.|
|Start Date:||October 2023|
How to Apply
For more information regarding the programme you can contact Mrs Xenia Karasavva at [email protected].
In order to start processing an application, we need to receive the documents listed under admission requirements here: https://www.arc.unic.ac.cy/computationaldesign/program/
You may submit your application online:
- By visiting the following link, filling out the online Application Form and attaching the above documents: https://apply.unic.ac.cy
- By sending the above documents to the email address of your admission counselor or to the general email address of the distance learning department: [email protected]
General admission criteria
The postgraduate programme operates as a cross-disciplinary platform aiming to bring together participants from various design and engineering specializations. The course is open to architects, interior designers, industrial designers, artists, graphic designers, engineers and suitably qualified candidates from other disciplines. For admission to the programme the candidates should submit the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Detailed Portfolio displaying the background and/or interest in the theme of computational design and digital fabrication.
- Basic computing experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (together with a transcript) from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Short statement (approximately two pages) of personal goals, research aims and the reasons for your interest in the course.
- If your first language is not English, you might be requested to demonstrate that you meet the University of Nicosia Postgraduate Admissions Requirements for English Language Proficiency found here: https://www.unic.ac.cy/admission-requirements/.
- Contact Details of two referees, preferably one from academia and one from a professional supervisor.
- Other documents that might support the application (e.g. articles, books, awards).
- The admissions process may include an interview during which the candidate can take a few minutes to present a topic of his own choice