Call for Papers | International Conference on Colonial Cyprus
The Cyprus Society of Historical Studies in collaboration with the Department of History and Archaeology, University of Cyprus; the School of Law, University of Nicosia; and the Department of History, Political and International Studies, Neapolis University of Pafos, invite submissions for a two-day international conference on Colonial Cyprus (1878-1960) to be held in Nicosia on 7th – 8th February 2020.
The conference will be held in memoriam of Aristides Koudounaris (1936-2018), late President and founder of the Cypriot Society of Historical Studies.
Subject-Matter of Conference
The conference will address the historical aspects of the British era of Cyprus, including political, social and cultural history through original submissions. Original contributions with a focus on personalities and specific events of the British Era are particularly welcome.
Interested scholars should email an abstract no longer than 500 words by November 15, 2019 to: [email protected] Papers can be presented in either English or Greek. Scholars should identify their submission with the following subject line: “Conference on Colonial Cyprus – Abstract Submission”.
Scholars whose abstract has been accepted will be notified no later than December 5, 2019.
There are no fees to participate in this Conference. Participants are, however, responsible for securing their own funding for travel and lodging.
Publication of papers
Selected papers from the conference will be published in a special issue of The Cyprus Review, The Yearbook of the Cyprus Society of Historical Studies and/or a Conference proceedings volume.
The keynote address to the conference will be delivered by Prof. Robert Holland, King’s College, London
- Dr Emilios A. Solomou, President, Cyprus Society of Historical Studies
- Dr Petros Papapolyviou, Head, Department of History and Archeology, University of Cyprus
- Prof. Achilles C. Emilianides, Dean, School of Law, University of Nicosia
- Prof Giοrgos Georgis, Dean, School of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Neapolis University Pafos
- Dr Andreas Karyos –Member of BoD, Cyprus Society of Historical Studies
- Dr Maria Hadjiathanasiou – Member of BoD, Cyprus Society of Historical Studies
- Dr Charalambos Alexandrou – Member of BoD, Cyprus Society of Historical Studies
- Ms Mary Antoniou – Member of BoD, Cyprus Society of Historical Studies
Please direct inquiries in connection with this Conference to:
Dr Emilios A. Solomou