ZONTA D14 STEM Award | 2022 Application
Women are still largely underrepresented in technology and other STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) fields. To create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities, women need to have an active role in technology and technological developments. Zonta District 14 is pleased to offer its Zonta D14 STEM Award to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in technology.
The Zonta D14 STEM Award is awarded to women of any age, pursuing a degree in STEM. Zonta District 14 (D14) offers an Award in the amount of 2000€.
Who is Eligible?
Women of any age and nationality, pursuing a degree in STEM at an accredited university/college/institute, who demonstrate outstanding academic record during their academic studies in STEM, are eligible to apply.
Students must be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted to the local Zonta club. Applicants must still be in school at the time the awards are disbursed and must not graduate before December 2022.
Golden Z club members may apply.
Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members, are not eligible to apply.
How Do I Apply?
Complete an official application in English. Please note that only typed applications will be accepted and considered. All non-English documents must be translated into English. The following documents are to be submitted in the application package. Applications can be downloaded from the Zonta D14 website and must include:
- Verification of Current Enrollment form or official statement from the university/college registrar.
- List and include official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records from all universities, colleges, or institutions attended, including undergraduate institutions and degrees received. In programs where graduate transcripts are not provided as a matter of institutional policy, please provide a statement of that policy from the registrar or other school official. (Important note: please do not upload electronic transcripts, or links to electronic copies directly from the university, as the documents may have expiration dates to review and/or request for a password to access the file. Please scan official transcripts in color and save as a PDF and upload the saved copy. Please ensure all transcripts are legible.) Do not upload unofficial transcripts as they will not be accepted.
- Two confidential recommendations from a faculty member in the major field of study. (Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta Foundation for Women are not eligible to write recommendation letters for applicants.)
- List scholarships and honors received, if any.
- All non-English documents must be translated into English to be considered.
- Information other than official transcripts and recommendations must be limited to the space provided; attachments, articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.