UNIC and Gnosis Announce Two Fully Funded PhD Scholarships
In the exciting research areas of “Technology in Business”, “Business, Wellbeing & Sustainable Development” and “Cross-Regional Business Strategies”
The University of Nicosia and GNOSIS | Mediterranean Institute for Management Science announce two fully funded Full-Time PhD scholarships starting the academic year 2021-2022. The prospective doctoral students will need to apply to the School of Business, follow the University of Nicosia application process and regulations, and indicate on their application that they are interested to be considered for one of these scholarships. Selected doctoral students will work in one of the following research areas:
“Technology in Business”, including, but not limited to:
- Applications/utilization of technology/digitalization/robotics in Marketing or Human Resource Management
- AI effects in innovation ecosystems
- Business Models of Smart Sustainable Cities
“Business, Wellbeing & Sustainable Development”, including, but not limited to:
- Wellbeing as an integral part of the business environment
- Sustainable development in business within the fields of marketing and/or entrepreneurship
- Sustainability as consumer behavior influencers
“Cross-Regional Business Strategies”, including, but not limited to:
- Strategic marketing of services’ internationalization
- Strategic marketing of international real estate and large project developments
- Inter-organizational strategic partnerships
Successful scholarship holders are expected to undertake formative research duties for up to a maximum of 24 hours per week in addition to pursuing their doctoral studies.
Applications will be judged only against the criteria which are set out below. Applicants should make sure that their application shows very clearly how they believe that their qualifications and skills meet these criteria.
- A minimum of a 2.1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree
- A Master’s qualification in a discipline relevant to the the PhD topic chosen
- Strong academic background in statistics or mathematics
- Qualitative and/ or quantitative research experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- A high degree of motivation and initiative
- The person must be results orientated with excellent organisation and time-management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent team working skills are required
What we offer
- Paid tuition fees of EU and international applicants commencing a full-time PhD for the whole duration of their studies
- A stipend may also be provided, depending on availability at the time of application, deriving from European or other local funded projects
- Doctoral candidates with excellent performance and outstanding academic achievements during the first year of their doctoral studies will be able to apply for part-time teaching duties (with additional remuneration for their teaching services).
- An exciting international research environment and the opportunity to work within a research team dedicated to developing impactful research and publishing at the premier journals in the business field.
- Enhanced opportunities for research training and learning.
Application Documents and other Requirements
- Completed Application Form
- Certified true copy of the applicant’s qualifications/degrees
- Original or certified true copy of transcript(s)
- Proof of language proficiency
- Two reference letters
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Proposal outlining the Thesis’ aim and objectives, research problem, presenting the literature review including the research gap and explaining the research methodology to be followed.
- Personal Statement
- Personal interview
For more information on how to apply and admission requirements, please visit the programme page https://www.unic.ac.cy/business-administration-phd-3-years/
For specific information please contact Professor Demetris Vrontis, Vice Rector for Faculty and Research and Managing Director of GNOSIS | Mediterranean Institute for Management Science, University of Nicosia at [email protected].