University of Nicosia joins scholarship scheme to support Lebanese students for academic year 2023-2024
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is pleased to announce its participation in the governmental scholarship scheme for Lebanese students “Study in Cyprus” for the academic year 2023-2024. The Republic of Cyprus is offering scholarships to Lebanese students to help alleviate the financial crisis caused by the explosion in Lebanon and to promote collaboration between Cyprus and Lebanon in higher education.
The scholarship scheme covers the full tuition fees for the entire duration of the programme of study for eligible students. To be eligible, students must be permanent residents of Lebanon, hold a High School Diploma from a recognized Lebanese School with a minimum score of 65%, and have a good command of the English language.
Additionally, applicants must meet the admission requirements and secure a place in an undergraduate (BBA) or postgraduate (MBA) programme at the School of Business at the University of Nicosia. The final selection of successful candidates will be made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education, Sport, and Youth of the Republic of Cyprus, based on the list of applicants submitted by the university.
Applications for the scholarship scheme are now open, and interested students are encouraged to follow the application process outlined below.
Discover the programmes offered by the School of Business by following this link: https://www.unic.ac.cy/school-of-business/programmes/
For more information, please contact:
Department of International Admissions, +35722841528, i[email protected]
Step 1: Register your interest in one of the on-campus BBA or MBA programmes
Step 2: Complete your application to the programme of interest. The UNIC enrollment team will reach out and guide you through the required documents and process.
Step 3: Complete the scholarship form below.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications must be submitted by 1 September 2023, 23:59.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of Lebanon.
- A High School Diploma from a recognised Lebanese School with a minimum score of 65%.
- Knowledge of English language (based on the criteria decided by the Council of Ministers for admission of third-country students to Higher Education Institutions).
- The scholarship applies only to the on-ground BBA and MBA programmes of study at the School of Business.
- The scholarship is available only to new full-time registered students.
- The scholarship offered is valid for the duration of studies.
- If awarded a scholarship, the candidate is required to maintain a GPA of 3.0/4.0 in order for the scholarship to be renewed.
- Candidates must meet the required admission criteria, as determined by the University of Nicosia on the programme page, in order to be eligible to claim any scholarship.
University of Nicosia: Globally Ranked
The University of Nicosia has been named among the top 501-600 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (WUR).
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings is possibly the best-known and most influential university classification system in the world, drawing on five decades of expertise in the sector and millions of individual data points. The WUR 2023 edition includes over 1,799 ranked research-intensive universities, out of 25,000 universities globally, that met the THE eligibility criteria and applied for assessment. One of the core areas in which the University excelled in this year’s expanded 2023 WUR edition is International Outlook, where UNIC ranked 47th worldwide. Along with its inclusion in the Top 600 universities in the world, UNIC was ranked/awarded:
- Among the Top 151–175 in the world in the Subject area of Business and Economics by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 176–200 in the world in the Subject area of Education by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 251-300 in the world in the Subject area of Psychology by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 501–600 in the world in the Subject area of Clinical and Health by THE WUR by Subject 2023;
- Among the Top 501–600 in the world in the Subject area of Social Sciences by THE WUR by Subject 2023;