Invitation for an Expression of Interest for faculty appointment in Veterinary Medicine
The University of Nicosia (www.unic.ac.cy)
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 12,500 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. The University’s academic standing and global outlook are reflected in its international ranking achievements. More specifically, the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021 have named UNIC among the TOP 801-1000 universities in the world, while the QS World University Rankings has consistently recognized UNIC as one of the top 4% of universities in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia (EECA) Region.
Purpose of the Invitation
The University of Nicosia is in the process of submitting an application for regulatory approval to deliver a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree programme. As part of this process, UNIC is launching an expression of interest (EOI) invitation, aimed at individuals who might wish to be considered for a faculty appointment, to commence once the programme receives the necessary regulatory approvals.
At this stage, UNIC wishes to receive an EOI from potential faculty candidates.
We are specifically interested in receiving CVs from:
- Holders of a Veterinary Degree (with a PhD) or
- PhD holders with expertise in one or more of the areas listed below:
- Molecular Biology, Genetics and/or Genomics
- Veterinary Histology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Animal Husbandry
- Epidemiology and bioinformatics
- Veterinary Reproductive Biology and Genetics
- Comparative Anatomy
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Veterinary Immunology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Public Health Management
- Animal Breeding
- Animal Nutrition and Health
- Veterinary Clinical Medicine subspecialties
Applications for EOI
Interested candidates should provide their expression of interest by submitting the following documents:
- A cover letter, stating the area(s) of expertise.
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a full list of publications
- A one-page research statement describing previous and current research as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience
- Two reference letters
The ideal candidates should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
Please send your expression of interest to [email protected]. Please indicate that you are applying for EOI and the area(s) of expertise in the subject line of your email.