Cyprus Education Leaders 2019: Seven Awards to UNIC
UNIC was granted seven awards in total at the Education Leaders Awards 2019, taken place this year for the first time with the aim to highlight and reward best practices in the sector of Education in Cyprus.
In particular, the University of Nicosia was presented with the following awards:
- Gold in the Educational Work Unit for its Massive Open Online Course in Digital Currencies, a teaching initiative which inspires learning and progress through innovative educational methods
- Silver in the Educational Work Unit for its UNIC Distance Learning Platform, an investment that has improved the learning experience of students with a positive impact on their academic daily life.
- Bronze in the Educational Work Unit for the Institute For the Future: Self-Verification of Certificates and Block.co, an initiative which promotes youth entrepreneurship
- Bronze in the Infrastructure, Culture, Outgoingness Unit, for the Institute For the Future: The M4 Global Competition and M4 Forecasting Conference, which is implemented through beneficial for students international academic collaborations
- Silver in the Infrastructure, Culture, Outgoingness Unit for the Cyprus Career Expo, an initiative promoting collaboration with Business Stakeholders and Organisations with the aim to boost employability
- Gold in the Infrastructure, Culture, Outgoingness Unit for the Decentralized conference implemented by the Institute for the Future, an initiative offering opportunities for networking and access to potential employers as well as creating the circumstances for easier integration in the labour market.
- Silver in the Infrastructure, Culture, Outgoingness Unit for the Mentor Youth Guidance Programme, an action implemented in collaboration with social partners for the production of work that is beneficial to the society
The awarding ceremony took place on Thursday, 6 June, in the presence of the Minister of Education and Culture, Mr Kostas Champiaouris, the President of the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA), Ms Mary Koutselini and various other stakeholders from the educational community in Cyprus.
It is worth noting that the Education Leaders Awards took place this year under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture, the Cyprus Youth Board and other educational organisations in Cyprus.