Scholarship Competition | “Digital Transformation: Is It Only About Technology?”
Get the chance to win scholarships for the BSc Management Information Systems
Digital transformation targets a model of change specifically on People, the Process, and the Technological needs. Management Information Systems is the study of Technology, People and Business Processes and the relationships among them. The BSc in Management Information Systems MIS is a unique program that will equip you with the necessary knowledge, skills, and competences to become the expert who will transform a business into a technology-driven enterprise.
Are you a student who consider yourself a problem-solver, can think strategically about technology and can manage Technological, Economic and Social Transformation?
Then, write an essay of 300 words titled “Digital Transformation: Is It Only About Technology?” and a cover letter explaining your interest, motivation and involvement in the field of Management Information Systems (MIS).
- 1 Academic Scholarship (75%)*
- 2 Academic Scholarships (50%)*
- 3 Academic Scholarships (30%)*
* The scholarship covers tuition fees for the first Academic Year only and excludes books and other fees, such as application fees etc.
The evaluation of the essays will be carried out by a designated committee which will be comprised of professors from the UNIC Department of Management and MIS, as well as of professionals from the MIS sector based on the following criteria:
- Critical thinking
- Writing style
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants should hold a high school leaving certificate or equivalent and are interested in starting their studies in the Fall Semester 2022.
- The scholarships are available to full-time new undergraduate students and cover tuition fees only for the first academic year.
- In case of securing two or more scholarships, for example an essay competition scholarship and a scholarship because of a high school graduation grade, the scholarship with the highest percentage applies.
- High School Diploma with overall grade 17/20 or above.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- The essay must be original, i.e., the creation of the student writing the essay.
- Each student has the right to submit only one essay.
- Participants are required to submit a 300 words essay typed in English.
- Awarded participants, in order to claim their scholarships, must meet the required admission criteria as determined by the University of Nicosia.
- Applications, essay and cover letter should be submitted by email to Mr. Nicolas Antartis: [email protected] (Email title: “Application for Scholarship for the BSc Management Information Systems”).
- The winners will be informed after the decision of the committee and will be notified via email.
- The names of the winners of the competition will be published in the University of Nicosia website and social media.
Submission Deadline: 1 September 2022
For any further information, please contact Mr. Nicolas Antartis at 22841994 or [email protected].