Scholarship Competition | “Digital Technologies and their impact on consumers’ brand experiences and service interactions”
Get the chance to win scholarships for the programme of study of BBA Marketing Management
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) announces that it is giving prospective students the opportunity to claim scholarships (75%, 50% and 25%) in its Department of Management, School of Business, through a series of essay writing competitions.
We live in a digital era, in which new technologies such 5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI), viral and augmented reality (AR), and gaming have revolutionized the way businesses operate promising more effectiveness, more efficiency, more interactivity, and more transparency. COVID-19 which has hit the world in an unprecedented way impacted among others both locally and internationally the society, the economy, education, travel and of course the business sector. Several companies shifted rapidly to online channels and utilized technologies to respond to the increased pressure and constant challenges posed by the developments related to the pandemic. Digital learning and the enhanced use of technology were implemented to help organizations cope with the many challenges that were created.
The student competition looks into understanding how new technologies are challenging companies and consumers today, how new technologies have helped businesses and consumers to cope with the challenges created by the pandemic, how the pandemic has shaped consumers’ purchase behaviour, how these new technologies could be used to offer businesses a more direct and interactive way to communicate with audiences, and especially those new generation consumers who are intertwined with digital technologies.
Do these new generation of consumers believe that these new technologies will enhance or hinder their brand experiences and service encounters? Can these new technologies create stronger customer-brand bonds and customer loyalty?
Participants are required to submit a 800-1,000 words essay typed in English for an opportunity to win a scholarship to study Marketing Management at the University of Nicosia.
Scholarship Awards for the Department of Management Scholarship Competitions:
- 1 Academic Scholarship (75%)*
- 1 Academic Scholarship (50%)*
- 3 Academic Scholarships (25%)*
* The scholarship covers tuition fees for the first Academic Year only and excludes books and other fees, such as application fees etc.
The evaluation of the essays will be carried out by a committee consisting of marketing faculty members based on the following criteria:
- Critical thinking
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants should hold a high school leaving certificate or equivalent and are interested in starting their studies in the Spring 2024 Semester.
- The scholarships are available to full-time new undergraduate students and cover tuition fees only for the first academic year.
- In case of securing two or more scholarships, for example an essay competition scholarship and a scholarship because of a high school graduation grade, the scholarship with the highest percentage applies.
- Each student has the right to submit only one essay for the competition.
- Participants are required to submit a 800-1,000 words essay typed in English.
- Awarded participants, in order to claim their scholarships, must meet the required admission criteria as determined by the University of Nicosia.
- Applications, essay, and cover letter must be submitted by email to Ms. Debbie Ftanou ([email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous ([email protected]) (Email title: “Application for Scholarship for the BBA in Marketing Management).
- The winners will be informed after the decision of the committee and will be notified via email.
- The names of the winners of the competition will be published in the University of Nicosia website and social media.
Submission Deadline: 19 January 2024
For any further information, please contact our Enrolment Counsellors Ms. Debbie Ftanou (228417128, [email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous (22841528, [email protected]).