Scholarship Competition | “Why Study Business Administration Today”
Get the chance to win scholarships for the Bachelor programme in Business Administration
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) announces that it is giving prospective students the opportunity to claim scholarships (75%, 50% and 25%) in its Department of Management, School of Business, through a series of essay writing competitions.
Business Administration is a broad degree that includes studying a wide range of topics including Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Human Resource Management and Information Systems, and it is one of the most popular degree choices around the world. Students choose the degree both because they find it interesting but also because it offers many great career opportunities after graduation. Of course, the reasons why people choose a degree varies between individuals and may change through time as the socioeconomic conditions change.
This student scholarship competition requires you to write an essay titled “Why Study Business Administration Today?”. Candidates are required to submit a 600-800 words typed essay, in either Greek or English.
Scholarship Awards for the Department of Management Scholarship Competitions:
- 1 Academic Scholarship (75%)*
- 1 Academic Scholarship (50%)*
- 3 Academic Scholarships (25%)*
* The scholarship covers tuition fees for the first Academic Year only and excludes books and other fees, such as application fees etc.
The evaluation of the essays will be carried out by a designated Committee of academics from the Department of Management of the School of Business of the University of Nicosia based on the following criteria:
- Critical thinking
- Writing style
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants should hold a high school leaving certificate or equivalent and are interested in starting their studies in the Spring 2024 Semester.
- The scholarships are available to full-time new undergraduate students and cover tuition fees only for the first academic year.
- In case of securing two or more scholarships, for example an essay competition scholarship and a scholarship because of a high school graduation grade, the scholarship with the highest percentage applies.
- Candidates are required to submit a 600-800 words typed essay titled “Why Study Business Administration Today?”, in either Greek or English.
- The essay must be original, i.e. the creation of the participating student.
- Each student has the right to submit only one essay.
- Awarded participants, in order to claim their scholarships, must meet the required admission criteria as determined by the University of Nicosia.
- Applications, essay, and cover letter must be submitted by email to Ms. Debbie Ftanou ([email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous ([email protected]) (Email Subject: “Application for Scholarship for the Bachelor in Business Administration Programme”).
- The winners will be informed after the decision of the Committee and will be notified via email.
- The names of the winners of the competition will be published in the University of Nicosia website and social media.
Submission Deadline: 19 January 2024
For any further information, please contact our Enrolment Counsellors Ms. Debbie Ftanou (228417128, [email protected]) or Mr Stelios Socratous (22841528, [email protected]).