Call for Applications for Dual Master Programme | School of Law and MGIMO
The University of Nicosia and the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) are launching a joint academic project in September 2019, offering a dual Master degree Programme in International Relations and European Studies or Law and Politics in the European Union (UNIC) and International Political Consulting (MGIMO).
Students enrolled in the dual programme will receive diplomas from both universities upon graduation. All students will spend their first year in Nicosia and move on to Moscow the following year, where they will defend their thesis under the supervision of MGIMO’s top academics.
|School||School of Law|
|Duration||2 years (1st year in UNIC, 2nd year in MGIMO)|
|Number of Positions||20 (Twenty)|
|Selection Criteria||Preselection on the basis of evaluation of qualifications and final selection on the basis of an individual interview|
|Application Deadline||20 June 2019|
|Oral Examination||25 June 2019|
|Language||All aspects of the programme are conducted in English (application submission, individual interviews, and programme study).|
How to Apply
For further academic information and applications to the Double Master’s Degree contact the Programme Coordinator Dr Michalis Kontos via email at [email protected]
All related documentation must be sent to [email protected]:
- copy of Bachelor’s degree
- proof of Good knowledge of English language
- two recommendation letters
- a personal statement
- a CV
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Applications for admission to the program will be considered only from candidates that fulfil the minimum entrance criteria as described below:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) in social sciences, law, or any other relevant degree (relevance will be assessed accordingly).
- Good knowledge of English language; Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present a minimum TOEFL score 550 and above, or Computer-based TOEFL score of 213 and above, or Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) score 79-80 and above, or GCSE (or GCE) English Language “O” Level of “C” or above or IELTS of 6.5 and above or Cambridge Exams (First Certificate with Grade B and above, as well as Proficiency with Grade C and above or a score placement at the ENGL-100 level of the University English Placement Test).
The University offers English courses at various levels to help students reach the required standard for admission to a graduate programme.
Knowledge of more than one foreign language will be considered an advantage.
- Τwo recommendation letters.
- A personal statement by the prospective student expressing his/her interest in following the program.
- A CV of the prospective student.
The criteria for evaluating candidates are the following:
- Academic qualifications (grade and reputation of the accrediting institution of the first degree, the field of first degree and specialization, and if any, other post-graduate studies).
- Recommendation letters and quality of personal statement.
- Professional experience (if any).
- Research potential of the candidate.