The MBA Programme
The University of Nicosia is international in philosophy, development and outlook.
Conscious of its unique location at the crossroads of three continents, the University strives to enhance opportunities for education and understanding between people of different cultures. The University aims to promote both high academic standards and high principles of character. Students are encouraged to acquire facts and competencies in various skills, as well as to develop cultural awareness, social responsibility, and personal integrity.
The University of Nicosia is Cyprus’ largest University with its MBA Programme dedicated to excellence in management education and performance. The University’s policies and strategies emphasise the key role that good management plays in competition, growth and productivity. Its activities translate that into specific efforts in executive and student education, degree granting, business consulting and management research.
The University’s MBA Programme is dynamic and intensive, and it reflects a policy that stresses flexible specialisation, experiential learning and optimum use of study time. The content and structure of the University’s MBA Programme is constantly adjusted, incorporating the latest approaches to Management education and Executive training. Our primary mission is to prepare students to become effective managers in today’s globally competitive environment in order to meet the needs of industry and governments throughout the world.
MBA Programme General Philosophy
- Gaining competitive advantage is key in today’s world. Rapid contemporary change in economic policies and structures, including the globalisation of industries and markets, is driving countries, organisations and individuals to continuously search for a competitive edge.
- Managerial ability is proving to be the most critical building stone of tomorrow’s Firm Specific Advantages. Those fulfilling a managerial task, or performing a managerial role in our business structures today, will most likely require a vast mix of skills that will certainly differ considerably from traditional wisdom. Without these skills they may not be able to either gain or maintain the competitive advantage essential for survival and growth. Geographical boundaries and stage of economic growth may not have as significant an impact as we have witnessed so far. The essence will be the demonstration of excellence and striving for comparative advantage. These are the underlying principles that influenced our University in the design and operating philosophy of its MBA programme. The Masters in Business Administration programme is designed to offer insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world. The pace of the programme is vigorous. It aims to provide participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions.
- The curriculum aims at integrating theory with practice. Each of the core and specialisation modules involves lectures, discussions, project assignments, role-playing, case studies and applied class work. The participants consistently deal with realistic managerial and professional problems. The curriculum also includes visits by Executive guests from business and industrial corporations.
The University’s MBA programme offers the possibility of nine concentrations, namely:
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Oil, Gas and Energy Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Agribusiness and Food Enterprise Management
- Real Estate Management