“The Middle East in 21st Century” | Conference
2017-11-10 09:00:00 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Dialogue Chair in Middle Eastern Studies, University of Nicosia, Professor Farid Mirbagheri and The Diplomatic Academy would like to invite you to a conference on “The Middle East in 21st Century”.
Hot and Cold drinks served
|10:40||Questions and Comments|
|11:00||Break with refreshments and snacks|
|11:30||Panel One “Is the future of the region bound together?”|
- Dr Constantinos Adamides, Assistant Professor & Director of Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia.
- Professor Ahmad Moussalli, American University of Beirut: Cultural/Religious Aspects, Will the regional countries ever consider themselves part of the same grouping/civilisation? Will they continue to experience sectarian/religious wars?
- Dr Mohammad Soltanifar, University of Applied Sciences and Technology, Tehran: Socio-Political Aspects, Will new means of communication bring the region closer together or drive them further apart?
- Dr Nikolas Stagialya, Journalist and author: The future of the governance model of the Justice and Development Party. Are there alternatives? The case of Turkey in the 21st century.
|12:30||Questions and Comments|
|13:15||Break for Lunch|
|14:30||Panel Two “What interests do the big powers have in the region and how do they aim to secure them?”|
- Professor Farid Mirbagheri, Dialogue Chair in Middle Eastern Studies, University of Nicosia.
- Ambassador Mohammad Farazmand, Senior Researcher, Institute for Political and International Studies, Tehran: Big Powers and Iran, An Iranian Perspective.
- Professor Tariq Tell, American University of Beirut: Can Russia, China, the EU and the US live with a united Middle East?
- Mostafa Keleshzadeh, Khora Publishing, Cyprus: The Big powers and the Arab Spring.
|15:30||Questions and Comments|
|16:25||End of Conference|