We are proud to share with you a new magazine on Eastern Mediterranean Affairs, developed under the Eastern Mediterranean Studies Initiative (EMSI).
The Eastern Mediterranean Affairs (EMA) magazine focuses on Eastern Mediterranean issues and hosts expert opinions and interviews. EMA is part of EMSI and the University of Nicosia School of Law.
Our Editorial Team consists of the following DA members:
- Dr Constantinos Adamides, Editor-in-Chief, Assistant Professor of International Relations, Director of the Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia
- Dr Maria Hadjiathanasiou, Assistant Editor, Horizon 2020 (MSCA Widening) Research Fellow, Senior Research Associate at the Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia
- Petros Petrikkos, PhD (Candidate), Publications Editor, Research Associate at the Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia
In our very first issue, we focus on International Relations and Crisis Management During COVID-19. We proudly host an interview with:
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Nicos Christodoulides
and articles by:
- The Ambassador of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Cyprus, H.E. Mr Stanislav Osadchiy
- The Ambassador of the State of Israel in the Republic of Cyprus, H.E. Mr Sammy Revel
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Representative, H.E. Ms Katja Saha
- The Chairman of the Natural Gas Public Company (CYGAS), Dr Symeon Kassianides
- The Deputy Director-General for Public Diplomacy and the Director for Digital Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel, Mr Noam Katz and Mr Yiftah Curiel
and two of our in-house experts:
- Professor Peter Karayiannis – on the challenges of the first COVID-19 wave, and
- Dr Maria Hadjiathanasiou – on digital communication during the pandemic.
We extend our warmest gratitude to the design & marketing unit team of the University, for their excellent work and assistance in powering us throughout this process!
The first issue is available at: https://www.unic.ac.cy/emsi/2020/12/14/issue-1-2020-covid-19-and-regional-affairs/. We hope you find EMA interesting and insightful.
On behalf of the DA Team, we wish you a safe and relaxing break and a very prosperous 2021!