Mentoring Programme of the University of Nicosia
The purpose of the Mentoring programme of the University of Nicosia
The purpose of the Mentoring programme of the University of Nicosia is to support graduate students in the management of their personal and professional development so as to maximize their potential, to develop their skills, improve performance them and to eventually become the person they envision themselves being
- To give the Mentee a broader picture of the working environment
- To offer the mentee the opportunity to learn and practice techniques that help with the integration into the labor market
- Create business development prospects and progress
- To offer the guided knowledge and experience in developing the mentees career planning
- To extend the network of partnerships and contacts of the mentee and the University of Nicosia with employers, businesses, agencies (networking)
The Mentoring Program brings together a student (Mentee) and a professional (Mentor).
The Mentors are people with rich professional experience, from different divisions of industry from both the private and public sectors.
They will be trained in mentoring and in turn help graduating students to develop knowledge and skills useful for their professional and personal development.