ERASMUS+ STUDY MOBILITY
Call for applications – Academic Year 2019 – 2020
The Erasmus+ Study Mobility is a programme that offers University of Nicosia students the chance to travel to one of the 30+ partner European and non-European countries and study abroad for the academic year 2018-2019. At present, we are cooperating with 220+ partner institutions that could serve as a destination opportunity for our students.
By attending the programme, UNIC students can gain a lot of experience and value in education without having to worry so much about the financial aspect, as those who participate in the programme do not pay university fees abroad, only the standard tuition at the University of Nicosia. Also, those who qualify to go on mobility will be awarded an Erasmus Grant to help them pay for their accommodation and daily expenses. A travel allowance is also provided to the students and it is calculated based on the distance between Nicosia and the host institution.
- EUROPEAN MOBILITY
Students interested in studying in one of the partner Universities located in Europe should refer to the list of Universities with which UNIC has an established bilateral agreement, under the specific field of studies. Currently, UNIC cooperates with 25 different European countries and has over 220 bilateral agreements signed with different higher education institutions for academic exchanges. Please contact the Erasmus office for further guidance.
- INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY
Students interested in experiencing a non-European academic environment and culture should refer to the following list of partner countries and Universities, under the relevant field of studies.
|Partner Country||Partner University||Field of Studies|
|Egypt||American University of Cairo (AUC)||Design & Multimedia|
|Serbia||University of Novi Sad||Psychology|
English Language and Literature
|University of Belgrade||Architecture|
|Ukraine||Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv||Business Studies|
Who can apply?
In order to apply the prospective student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a full time, registered student at the University of Nicosia
- Have a CPA of at least 2.5
- Have completed at least 60 ECTS credits (30 UNIC credits)
- Recommendation letter by a Faculty member
1) The students wanting to go back to their home country will be given lower priority in the selection. They will be listed last during the selection process and will be considered eligible for funding only if there is available grant. However, if a student is selected he/she is allowed to receive the same amount as the other students, independently from their country of origin.
2) Due to limited funds, some applicants may be offered Zero Grant mobility or reduced Erasmus Grant. The Erasmus Grant will be discussed in detail with each participant after the selection of successful applicants.
3) Distance learning students must do their study mobility in another country than their country of origin and the country of their home University (Cyprus).
4) Priority will be given to students in their third /junior year. Students who have not yet completed 60 ECTS credits can nevertheless apply to go for mobility in their second year.
5) It is highly recommended that the applicants have a good knowledge of the official language of instruction of the Host Institution.
- The application is available online at the official webpage for Erasmus at https://www.unic.ac.cy/study-abroad/erasmus/ (click on Study Mobility )
- The deadline for application submission is on Monday, February 11th, 2019.
- For any information concerning the Erasmus+ Mobility please contact the Erasmus Office by phone or email, or visit the office – Millennium Building, 1stFloor, Office number: M102. (Monday-Friday, 11:00-13:00 and 15:00-18:00)
Tel.: (+357) 22841726 / 752
Email: [email protected]
Application Form (Submission Deadline: February 11th, 2019.)