ERASMUS+ STUDY MOBILITY
Call for applications – Academic Year 2020-2021
The Erasmus+ Study Mobility is a programme that offers University of Nicosia students the chance to travel to one of the 30+ partner European and non-European countries and study abroad for the academic year 2020-2021. At present, we are cooperating with 280+ partner institutions that could serve as a destination opportunity for our students.
By attending the programme, UNIC students can gain a lot of experience and value in education without having to worry so much about the financial aspect, as those who participate in the programme do not pay university fees abroad, only the standard tuition at the University of Nicosia. Also, those who qualify to go on mobility will be awarded an Erasmus Grant to help them pay for their accommodation and daily expenses. A travel allowance is also provided to the students and it is calculated based on the distance between Nicosia and the host institution.
- EUROPEAN MOBILITY
Students interested in studying in one of the partner Universities located in Europe should refer to the list of Universities with which UNIC has an established bilateral agreement, under the specific field of studies. Currently, UNIC cooperates with 25 different European countries and has over 280 bilateral agreements signed with different higher education institutions for academic exchanges.
- INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY
Students interested in experiencing a non-European academic environment and culture should consider the options that are available for their programme of studies.
The list of universities can be found here. You are advised to visit the website of the partner universities’, check the programmes they offer and then make up your mind accordingly. Before submitting your application form, you may also contact the partner university for further information. In addition, you are advised to only consider the university options that are available for your own programme of studies.
Who can apply?
In order to apply the prospective student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a full time, registered student at the University of Nicosia
- Have a CPA of at least 2.5
- Have completed at least 60 ECTS credits (30 UNIC credits)
- Recommendation letter by a Faculty member
- The students wanting to go back to their home country will be given lower priority in the selection. They will be listed last during the selection process and will be considered eligible for funding only if there is available grant. However, if a student is selected he/she is allowed to receive the same amount as the other students, independently from their country of origin.
- Due to limited funds, some applicants may be offered Zero Grant mobility or reduced Erasmus Grant. The Erasmus Grant will be discussed in detail with each participant after the selection of successful applicants.
- Distance learning students must do their study mobility in another country than their country of origin and the country of their home University (Cyprus).
- Priority will be given to students in their third /junior year. Students who have not yet completed 60 ECTS credits can nevertheless apply to go for mobility in their second year. Fourth year mobilitties will be given lower priority.
- It is highly recommended that the applicants have a good knowledge of the official language of instruction of the Host Institution.
Application Procedure and Deadlines
Before filling in the Online Application Form ensure that you have a scanned copy of:
1. ID or Passport
2. 1 small photo
3. Proof of language proficiency (take into consideration the language of instruction of Host Institution)
4. Personal Statement – A typed text about your ambition to participate in the Erasmus+ Program, including the following topics:
• Which are your personal and professional goals for your Study Abroad?
• What kind of extra value would you get form your Study Abroad?
• What kind of characteristics do you think are important for a student to have who is going on Erasmus+?
• How would you promote Cyprus and the University of Nicosia during your exchange abroad?
• The Recommendation Letter by a lecturer and the Transcript of Records (Office A8) must be sent via email at [email protected].
• The Application Form is available here.
• Any incomplete applications will not be accepted therefore ensure that you submit all documents mentioned above.
• The deadline for application submission is on Monday, February 17, 2020.
The Erasmus+ Selection Committee will evaluate the completed Application Forms and the students will be informed via email about the results
For further information and/or appointment, please contact:
Ms. Stella Stylianou
Tel: 22841726 / 752
Email: [email protected]