Incoming Erasmus Students – Welcome!
Thank you for your interest in studying at the University of Nicosia (CY NICOSIA 14) under the Erasmus+ Framework.
To take part in the Erasmus Exchange Program at the University of Nicosia you have to first contact the International or Erasmus Office at your Home Institution. This is in order to express your interest and examine if you are eligible for applying for an Erasmus Study Mobility.
The University of Nicosia can only accept students under the areas of studies specified in the Bilateral Agreement between the two Institutions. If there is not a signed Bilateral Agreement then it will not be possible to accept the students.
Once the Home Institution approves your application and officially nominates you for a Study Mobility at the University of Nicosia, we can then start the Application Procedure.
Erasmus at UNic!
In order to apply for an Erasmus Study Mobility at UNic, you have to submit the following documents:
· Fully completed Application Form signed by the candidate. The Application Form must be typed.
· Official Transcript of Records for the entire education of the candidate at the Home Institution, translated into English
· A copy of the identity page of the passport
· A copy of the EU Health Card or private health insurance
· An official certificate/proof of English Proficiency
· Two passport-size photos
The above-mentioned documents must be sent by post at the following address before the application deadline:
University of Nicosia
P.O. Box 24005,
46 Makedonitissas Ave., 2414
1700 Nicosia, Cyprus
If for any reason, the Application Documents will be sent late then you can send us scanned copies of the papers at the email [email protected] and then post the originals.
The language of instruction at the University of Nicosia is English. Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present a minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based or 213 computer-based, GCSE “O” Level with minimum “C” or IELTS with a score of 6.5 or a score placement at the ENGL-100 level of the University English Placement Test. The University offers English courses at various levels to help students reach the required standard for admission to a graduate program.
Fall Semester: April 30
Spring Semester: October 25
Fall Semester: May 30
Spring Semester: November 15
In order to choose classes for studying at the University of Nicosia you have to check the Schedule of Classes where you can find the list of offered classes for the upcoming semester. Each student is responsible to:
– Ensure that courses selected are compatible with the ones offered at his/her home institution
– Grant the approval of your home institution academic supervisor or Erasmus coordinator
– Ensure that there is no time clash in the course selected and pre-requisites required
When planning your study schedule at UNic, you should first check the requirements of your Home Institution (and your academic supervisor) and then fill in the Learning Agreement. Please ask your Home University to provide you with the template of the Learning Agreement.
The Learning Agreement is a confirmation of the list of the courses of the student and makes the credits-transfer easier. The student, the Home Institution and the University of Nicosia before the student’s mobility, must approve the agreement.
Information you will need to fill in your Learning Agreement:
The Receiving Institution
|Name||University of Nicosia||Faculty|
|Erasmus Code (If applicable)||CYNICOSIA14||Department|
|Address||46 Makedonitissas Ave. 2414|
Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus
|Country, Country Code||CYPRUS, CY|
Guidelines on how to fill in your Learning Agreement:
1. Bachelor Students can only register for Bachelor courses and Master students can only register for Master courses. Note that all courses with a code 300 or 400 (i.e. ACCT-450 Performance Management). Also all courses whose code begins with 5 or 6 (example MIREL-500) are master’s courses. Please be careful in your selection and ensure that your academic supervisor at your home institution agrees with the selected courses.
2. The students can take minimum 15 ECTS and Maximum 30 ECTS
3. Please ignore the UNic credits and consider only the ECTS
4. Ensure you have no timetable clashes in your schedule
5. Take into consideration the Prerequisites of the courses. If you have not done any courses similar to the prerequisite of the courses, then you cannot register in those courses.
Changes to the Learning Agreement:
Due to the existing internal regulation of the University of Nicosia changes to the Learning Agreement need to be finalized within the first two weeks of classes. Changes will be made ONLY in exceptional cases and where needed for academic purposes (i.e. ineligibility for graduation).
The agreement should be updated immediately when changes occur.
Please keep in mind that after arriving at UNic you might have to modify the Learning Agreement for specific reasons, such as, cancellations of classes or timetable clashes.
The students can fill in the Learning Agreement only when they receive the final Course List for the prospective semester. The signed form should be sent via email to [email protected]
The Academic Calendar serves as an information source and planning document for the students. The calendar includes registration dates, class start day, exam dates, and holidays.
UNIC September Orientation Programme
A week before the beginning of the Fall Semester, the University of Nicosia holds the UNIC September Orientation Programme for all new students. The Orientation Programme aims at familiarizing students with their new environment, assisting in their integration with new and existing students, improving their English language skills and discovering the island before the beginning of the academic year. Please note that the participation is free of charge and not compulsory.
The University of Nicosia will provide support in finding accommodation based on the existing partnerships with landlords.
Please note that irrespectively whether you will select the proposed accommodation or whether you will find housing on your own, the University of Nicosia is not responsible for the actual reservation, housing conditions, or contracts between the students and landlords.
For any housing matters, you will have to contact the Accommodation Officer, Mr Charalambos Tzyrkas at [email protected] but only when the Erasmus Office notifies you.
Guidelines for Incoming Erasmus Students
1st STEP – Nomination and Application
· Completed Application Form
· Official Transcript of Records, translated into English
· Copy of the identity page of passport
· Copy of EU Health Card/private health insurance
· Official Certificate/Proof of English language
· Two passport-size photos
2nd STEP – Acceptance
· Letter of Acceptance
· Learning Agreement – to be filled in when Course List is announced
· Tickets (it is highly recommended to use Larnaca or Paphos Airport)
3rd STEP – Before Arrival
· Confirm Accommodation
· Confirm Courses (Learning Agreement)
· Academic Calendar
· UNic Map
4th STEP – On Arrival
· Find the Erasmus Office
Millennium Building, 1st Floor, Room M102
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00
if you have any questions you can visit the office or contact us via email at [email protected] or
at [email protected] or call at +357 22841726.
· Sign Certificate of Arrival
· UNic Student ID’s
· Get your mobile Cyprus sim-Card
5th STEP – During the Semester
· Send us your new contact details
· Revised Learning Agreement (if necessary)
· Official Registration Form
6th STEP – Before Departure
· Clearance Form
· Certificate of Departure and/or Attendance (only if the Clearance Form is submitted)
· Sign Book of Regards
7th STEP – After the Mobility
· Send us photos and a paragraph about your experience at UNic and in Cyprus
For the University of Nicosia Campus map , please click HERE