Call for Applications – Academic Year 2020 – 2021
The Erasmus Office of the University of Nicosia is currently recruiting students to participate in the Erasmus+ Traineeship Program. An Erasmus+ Traineeship is a paid Work Placement which enables Students to go on a work placement for 2 to 12 months in an enterprise in another European country.
By attending the program students can gain practical experience in their field of study, expand all the knowledge gained during their degree, enhance their CV and even manage to have future employment.
Traineeships can be recognized by the University of Nicosia and will contribute to your qualifications either in ECTS credits (usually in recognition of an internship course) or in the Diploma Supplement.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Be a full time Bachelor or Master or Doctorate registered student at the University of Nicosia
- Have a CPA of at least 2 out of 4 or 5 out of 10
- Recommendation letter by a Faculty member.
- Reliability of the company/enterprise or organization
- The student should have successfully completed the first year of his/her Bachelor degree or the first semester of their Master degree.
- The students wanting to go back to their home country will be given lower priority in the selection of the whole year. They will be listed last during the selection process and will be considered only if there is available grant during summer. However, if a student is selected he/she is allowed to receive the same amount as the other students, independently from their country of origin
- Due to limited funds, some applicants may be offered Zero Grant mobility or reduced Erasmus Grant. The Erasmus Grant will be discussed in detail with each participant after the selection of successful applicants
- Distance learning students must do their traineeship in another country than their country of origin and the country of their home University (Cyprus).
- Priority will be given to students who submitted the “Confirmation of Acceptance” from a company/enterprise.
- The deadline for application submission is Monday, February 17th , 2020. Please note that you do not need to submit at this stage the “Confirmation of Acceptance” on behalf of your employer, but you will need to submit this at a later stage in order to secure the Erasmus+ Grant.
Before you start filling the Online Application below, please make sure to have a scanned copy of the following:
- Copy of ID card or Passport
- One small Photograph
- A typed short ESSAY about your ambition to go on the Erasmus Traineeship, including the following points into your writing (expected length: 1 page).
– What goals do you set for your work abroad phase (professional, personal)?
– What kind of extra value would you get from your Erasmus Traineeship?
– What kind of characteristics do you think are important for a student going to work abroad?
– How would you promote University of Nicosia and Cyprus in your potential work experience?
The only documents that we can accept via email ([email protected]) on a later stage are the following:
- Recommendation Letter (from any university lecturer that has taught you at any point in the duration of your degree)
- Progress Report (you can ask for this at the office A8)
The above documents are mandatory in order for the Application to be Accepted.
- The Online Application form can be found here: https://forms.gle/Gh7s57vKKK7yw62L7
- For any information concerning the Erasmus+ Traineeship please contact the Erasmus Office by phone or email, or visit the office – Millennium Building, 1st Floor, Office number: M102. (Monday-Friday, 11:00-13:00 and 15:00-18:00)
Tel.: (+357) 22841571 / 726
Email: [email protected]