MSc Social Interventions
Social Interventions (with a focus on social work)
Cypriot society is continually changing in terms of population, perceptions and socio-economic status. These changes have brought about significant financial, social and cultural transformations. In a similar vein, the social policy agenda has been modified to improve access and choice of social welfare services, modernise professional roles, review the skill mix to support role development and restructure services.
These emerging issues in social work include the need for more highly trained and skilled social workers, specialised in handling incidents with modern methods and providing appropriate and effective services to service users.
This Master’s aims to educate social workers in modern methods of social work, and give you the techniques and competencies to intervene, supervise and administer.
You will normally need:
- degree or higher in social work, or equivalent. If your professional qualification is not the equivalent of an undergraduate degree, you will need to demonstrate that you are able to study at postgraduate level.
- to demonstrate your Greek by completing the GREK 150 course (if your degree was not taught in Greek).
- to demonstrate your English with an IELTS score of 6.0 (if your degree was not taught in English).
- one academic and one employer (or similar) reference. If you have never been employed, you can provide a character reference from a person of standing within the community.
- Registration to the Professional Body of Social Workers
It is preferable that you are employed or have previous professional experience in social care or a social welfare setting.
Length of Study
One year full time, two to three years part time. Students are expected to complete 180 credtis to graduate and courses are adressed to candidates who prefer either clinical or management courses.
The course is taught in Greek although good knowledge of English is expected so that you can access the scientific library.
What You Study
- Integrating Research with Professional Practice
- Dissertation Project ( leading to the Master Thesis)
- Interagency, Interprofessional and Inclusionary Practice (Mental Health)
- Advancing Child Welfare and Protection
- Foundations in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Safeguarding Adults
- Enabling Practice Learning and Assessment (Supervision)
- Advanced Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Leadership & Management
Download Related Documents
file format 'PDF' (269 Kb)