Visa Requirements for Non-EU Students
All non-EU students who apply to the University of Nicosia require a visa to enter Cyprus. Provided that all the required documents and payments have been received, the University will submit the student’s documents to the Migration Authorities for evaluation.
1. €55 Application fee (application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee).
2. €86 Student Visa fee (application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee).
3. 4 passport sized photos.
4. Attested copy of High School Leaving Certificate (Lower & Higher Secondary) and mark sheets.
5. Attested passport copy (valid for at least two years from the start of the semester to be enrolled).
6. Attested Police Clearance Certificate (6 months validity period).
7. Attested Bank Letter (6 months validity period) stating that the student’s sponsor has the financial ability to support his/her living, tuition and repatriation expenses. Sponsor may only be Father/ Mother/Self. In case of another Sponsor, please supply Court affidavit. The letter must also clearly state the relationship between Sponsor and student.
8. Supporting bank statement (1 month validity).
9. Attested Blood Test reports for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C (4 months validity).
10. Attested chest X-ray report for tuberculosis (4 months validity).
Students who are applying for a Master degree must also submit the following:
1. Attested copy of University Transcripts.
2. Attested copy of Bachelor Degree.
3. 2 Reference letters.
4. Evidence of work experience (where applicable).
Attestation of Documents
Students are required to attest the aforementioned documents by the appropriate/relevant authorities in their home country. The attestation process differs between countries who have signed the Hague Conven¬tion, 1961 (Apostille) and those who have not.
Attested documents must be in English. In cases where a translation is necessary, this must be done by an approved translator and attested by the relevant authorities in the applicant’s country.
Required documents, dully attested, should be sent via post to the University.
Please contact the International Admissions Office for instructions on how to attest documents in your country at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon arrival in Cyprus, all international students will be required to show the following documents to the Immigration Authorities at the port of entry:
- Your passport (valid for two years).
- University receipts of the amount paid to the university.
- €2000 in cash.
- All the documents that were certified by the visa officer at the visa interview (if applicable). Students from countries that visa interview is NOT required, must hold while travelling, a copy of their entry visa that was sent to them by the Office of Admissions.
- Certificate of Admission from the University.
- Open ticket valid for return to home country.
Employment for Non-EU students
All international students are obliged by Migration Department regulations to have health insurance coverage. This medical insurance is arranged through our Finance Department and is renewed with each annual registration.