The Diplomatic Academy, in cooperation with the George C. European Marshall Center for Security Studies organised a series of activities as part of a wider project on migration and disinformation, on 13th-16th March at the University of Nicosia.
Under this umbrella, the DA and the Marshall Center, in close cooperation with the United States and German embassies also organised a closed Alumni Outreach Networking Event, titled “Addressing Dis/Misinformation in the Mediterranean Region“. The closed event took place on 15th March at 14:00-17:00 at Cine Studio, University of Nicosia.
- Introductory Remarks – Ms. Donna Janca, Alumni Relations Specialist, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies (GCMC)
- Welcoming Remarks – Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Tim McAteer, Deputy Director, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies
- Opening Remarks – H.E. Anke Schlimm, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Cyprus
- Opening Remarks – Ms Yaryna Ferencevych, Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) of the United States of America to Cyprus
The panelists included:
- Dr. Ben Nickels, George C. Marshall Center
- Dr. Emna Ben Arab, University of Sfax
- Moderator: Dr Constantinos Adamides, University of Nicosia
- Discussant: Dr. Diego Scarabelli, Italy
Following an interactive Q&A session with the participation of the attendees, a networking reception was held at the Block Restaurant of the University.