Welcome to the Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) website, a resource for employees and students of the University of Nicosia.
The EH&S Office aims to:
- Support and enhance the academic and research objectives of the University by promoting a safe and healthy environment for all employees and students.
- Promote Environmental consciousness and energy conservation.
- Fully comply with the Republic of Cyprus and EU legislation related with EH&S issues.
It is the policy of the University of Nicosia:
- To ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all its employees
- To ensure that the statutory duties of the University of Nicosia are met at all times
- To maintain clear procedures for the action to be taken in the event of injury, and for the reporting of accidents and hazards
- To maintain safe systems of work for faculty, staff, students and third parties
- To maintain clear procedures for action to be taken in case of fire and emergencies
- To maintain the established procedures for joint consultation between Professional Representatives, Trade Union and Management on health and safety, reviewing them when appropriate
- To provide appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety of faculty, staff and students
- To maintain and improve the high degree of safety consciousness and responsible attitudes to Environment, Health and Safety throughout the University
- To cover all the buildings, including hostel accommodation, owned, leased or sub-contracted by the University