Software Rules and Regulations
1. University of Nicosia licenses the use of computer software from a variety of outside
companies. University of Nicosia does not own this software or its related documentation and
unless authorized by the software developer, does not have the right to reproduce it
except for backup purposes.
2. With regard to Client/Server and network applications, University of Nicosia employees shall
use the software only in accordance with the license agreements.
3. University of Nicosia employees shall not download or upload unauthorized software over the
4. University of Nicosia employees learning of any misuse of software or related documentation
within the Company shall notify the Computer Center Supervisor (Dr. Dmitri
Apraksine) or University of Nicosia’s legal counsel.
5. According to applicable copyright law, persons involved in the illegal reproduction of
software can be subject to civil damages and criminal penalties including fines and
University of Nicosia does not condone the illegal duplication of software. University of Nicosia
employees who make, acquire, or use unauthorized copies of computer software shall
be disciplined as appropriate under the circumstances. Such discipline may include
6. Any doubts concerning whether any employee may copy or use a given software
program should be raised with a responsible manager before proceeding.