- If you want to study at the University of Nicosia as an Erasmus student your home institution must have the bilateral agreement with our university. Without the agreement it is not possible to accept incoming students.
In case your university does not have the agreement between our institutions then you need to contact your Erasmus/International Relations office in order to discuss this prospect.
- Once your home institution has approved your nomination and informed us via email, the next step for you would be to send us the application forms such as: Application form, Learning Agreement, Transcript of Records, copy of your ID or passport and one picture (size 3.5cm x 4.5cm) to the following email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Application forms must be typed; hand written applications will not be accepted.
- Complete application forms signed and stamped should be posted at the Erasmus office before the deadline. If for any reason you think your application forms will be late then you can send us first the scanned copies and post the originals later.
The above mentioned forms must be post to the following address:
University of Nicosia
46 Makedonitissas Ave.,
- When all application forms are collected, the Erasmus office starts the acceptance procedure. Firstly the Selection committee meets to allocate the accommodation offer to prospective students – conditional or unconditional offer. After the committee the students would be notified via email about the decision of the committee. Once you receive the notification from the Erasmus office you can start to arrange your accommodation and other preparations.
Applications should be made through your Erasmus /International Relation Office. Your university is nominating you for an exchange period at the University of Nicosia. Please note that all documents nominations must be submitted by:
May 15th, 2013 - Fall semester
October 15th, 2013 – Spring semester
Once you home Erasmus coordinator nominated you, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the Application forms.
The Application forms should be submitted not later than:
April 30th , 2013 – Fall semester
October 31st, 2013 – Spring semester
We offer a range of Academic Programmes, including undergraduate majors (both Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees) and postgraduate.
Since the first language in Cyprus is Greek you can assume that studies at the Unic also in Modern Greek, but it is partly true. We have some Programmes in Greek, but most of them are taught in English.
In order to follow the classes at the University of Nicosia you need to have not less than C1 (CERF) language level.
Almost all courses have the prerequisites (admission requirement). A prerequisite course a requirement that must be met before you take a course. Please make sure to read about the prerequisites carefully (you find them in the syllabus of the course).
The credit system at the University of Nicosia
The University of Nicosia is following the ECTS credit system, the amount of each course can be found in the syllabus of the course. Along with ECTS we use the UNIC grading system which is just for internal use.
The Academic Calendar serves as an information source and planning document for students. The calendar includes registration dates, class start dates, add/drop deadlines, exam dates and more.
Schedule of classes
In order to choose classes for studying at the University of Nicosia you need to check the schedule of classes where you can find the list of offered classes for the prospective semester. Make sure your home coordinator confirmed your choice.
Every year before new academic year starts our university organizes a 4-weeks University Skills orientation programme, for the new students. The programme is free of charge and not obligatory.
The main purpose of the programme is to help you to improve your English language skills, get familiar with university services as well as with university environment in general, meet fellow students and participate in out-of-classroom activities.
The Incoming student upon application will receive either a Conditional or an Unconditional accommodation offer of acceptance.
An Unconditional offer means that the University of Nicosia will guarantee accommodation for the student. In order to receive an Unconditional offer you need to meet the following criteria:
- the application form should be sent complete (Application, Learning Agreement, Transcript of records, Photo and copy of the passport or ID);
- the hard copy or pdf-version of application forms must be sent before the deadline;
The Conditional offer means that the student is accepted to come but he/she needs to find private accommodation. Of course our Accommodation officer will assist to find housing.
The information about the various options available, prices and the house layouts can be found on the housing website: www.housing.unic.ac.cy.
Find the Erasmus office at the University
The Erasmus office located in the Europa building; on the 1st floor (ask main reception).
We work everyday from 9:00am to 6:00pm with lunch break from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
If you have any questions please visit our office,
contact us via telephone (357) 22 841726/727 or
via email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student ID cards and telephone cards
When you arrive at the University of Nicosia you need to visit the Erasmus office; we will provide you with your student ID card and telephone sim card.
Get together event
Usually before the semester starts we organize the Erasmus Get together. During that meeting you will meet our Erasmus coordinator – Dr. Emilios Solomou.
Dr. Solomou will prepare for you small presentation about the island of Cyprus, its history and culture. The presentation will be followed by snacks, drinks and gifts for all incoming students from the Erasmus office.
The invitation to the event will be sent via email.
During the semester
Documents to be signed
Any documents that need to be signed upon arrival - Certificate of Attendance, Arrival/Departure form, Learning Agreements, and Studiebescheinigung (German students) - or any other documents can be handed in at the Erasmus office.
At theUniversity of Nicosiawe have of add/drop period in the beginning of the semester. During the first 2 weeks you can attend any courses you want in order to decide what courses would be more suitable for you. Three days before the end of the add/drop period you need to finalize your choice of courses and visit the Erasmus office. DO not forget to confirm your course choice with your Home coordinator.
When you made all changes with your schedule and you were register then the Learning Agreement will be modified, signed and sent at your institution.
Getting ready to go home
Before you leave Cyprus please do not forget to fill the Clearance form (which would be sent at your email before the end of mobility).